Apartments in Midtown and College Park | Gainesville Neighborhoods
Apartments in Midtown are highly sought after by University of Florida students. Midtown and College Park are in an unbeatable location right across the street from campus and access to so many perks, this is one of the most desirable Gainesville neighborhoods. Midtown is known as the heart of Gainesville, as many students spend so much time in the area grabbing lunch after class, hanging with pals at college bars, or hunkering down at coffee shops or tutoring services for study sessions. With students already spending so much of their time in this neighborhood, it just makes sense for so many students to call Midtown home!
We know location is a top factor when considering apartments in Midtown, Gainesville. Here are some of the top perks of living in an apartment near Midtown or College Park.
Apartments in Midtown offer an Incredible Location
- Midtown is the closest neighborhood to the University of Florida, located literally across the street from the UF campus. Apartments in Midtown are a short walk, bike ride, or scoot away from just about everything a student could need – class, restaurants, bars, libraries, gyms, grocery stores, etc. Apartments in Midtown and College Park provide a true gator experience as they are surrounded by businesses geared toward UF students, such as a tutoring service tailored to UF coursework. Apartments in Midtown were designed with students in mind, with student-friendly features such as roommate matching and individual leases.
- Most students who live in apartments in Midtown don't have a car because parking in Midtown is limited and typically more expensive compared to other neighborhoods. Instead of spending loads on a parking permit and insurance, students who live in an apartment in Midtown can walk, bike, or scoot to class. Most students just walk across University Avenue to get to class, but a lot of students bike or scoot. If you're considering getting a bike or scooter for your commute, make sure your apartment has bike storage or scooter parking onsite! RTS buses also pass through Midtown every 10-15 minutes, so if it's a rainy day in "Rainesville", hop on a bus to commute to class.
Apartments in Midtown offer On-Campus Perks
- Students who live in apartments in Midtown get all the on-campus perks while enjoying off-campus living. Take advantage of all the on-campus amenities, such as gyms and libraries – Library West is directly across the street! Students can also be more involved in extracurricular activities, as many clubs and organizations hold meetings at night. Instead of dealing with driving over to campus and finding a parking spot, residents of apartments in Midtown can just stroll over to their club meetings.
- Midtown can be described as the heart of the Gator Nation. Whereas most students deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic and a huge lack of parking on gator gamedays, residents of apartments in Midtown can walk over to The Swamp! Additionally, a lot of major tailgates on gamedays happen right around the Midtown area, and most bars and restaurants in Midtown are bumping on gamedays. Midtown is the ideal neighborhood for Gator football and tailgate lovers. Check out our page on Apartments near Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to find your perfect apartment near The Swamp!
Perks of Apartments in College Park
- A large and beloved section of Midtown is College Park. Apartments in College Park Gainesville are surrounded by many restaurants, bars, and coffee shops within Midtown Plaza and beyond. College Park was originally made up of single-family homes and townhome-style apartments. After a zoning change in the early 2000s, many homes and townhomes were demolished with the goal to make College Park more geared toward student living. Today, some of the largest student housing communities and most popular college bars in town occupy College Park! A lot of new apartments in Gainesville have popped up in College Park in recent years and continue to pop up, as this is a very desirable area.