Apartments in Sorority Row and South | Gainesville Neighborhoods
Apartments near Sorority Row & South Gainesville range from luxury new builds walkable to campus to homey communities surrounded by beautiful Gainesville nature. Apartments in Sorority Row & South offer quick access to campus, downtown, UF Health Shands hospital, and I-75 without being in the hustle and bustle. Therefore, this neighborhood is attractive to students who want to be nearby the action of this bustling college town without dealing with inconveniences like noise or traffic.
Apartments near Sorority Row and apartments south of Sorority Row on SW 13th Street have different perks and feels to them. Here are the top 3 benefits of living in apartments near Sorority Row, as well as the top 3 benefits of living in apartments in South Gainesville on SW 13th street, so you can narrow down which portion of this neighborhood is best for you!
Benefits of Living near Sorority Row
- Apartments near Sorority Row are very desirable to sorority sisters. Deciding to live in off-campus housing vs. a sorority house is a big decision, so apartments on Sorority Row are an excellent compromise for sorority sisters. Sorority sisters can attend meals, meetings, and events every single day at their sorority house while still enjoying the perks of apartment living. This location is unbeatable – some sorority houses are as close as a 5-minute walk from some apartment complexes in the area!
- Sorority Row is located just off SW 13th Street, minutes from the University of Florida. Students are therefore able to walk to class by just crossing 13th Street onto the UF campus. This is a huge perk of living in apartments near Sorority Row – most neighborhoods aren't this walkable to campus! Lots of students in this neighborhood also tend to bike or scoot to class. Sorority Row is also right next to the Helyx Bridge, a historic bridge overpassing 13th Street that many students use to commute to campus.
- Many apartments near Sorority Row are more luxurious. Enjoy the best amenities and most refined upgrades during your college years when you call Sorority Row home. Many communities are either newly built or recently renovated, featuring exciting upgrades such as granite or quartz countertops, wood or tile flooring, stainless steel appliances, modern furniture, and much more.
Benefits of Renting Apartments in South Gainesville on SW 13th St
- As you travel farther down 13th street, you'll notice apartments in South Gainesville have a different feel than apartments on Sorority Row. This area of town is home to several smaller apartment communities. One major benefit of living in a smaller community is the leasing office staff is much more likely to know you by name and get to know you, creating a homier feel. This makes resident events and even simple tasks like picking up your packages from the office more fun! These smaller communities also are more likely to complete maintenance orders quickly, as the maintenance team has less to manage.
- The point of SW 13th Street where student apartments begin to teeter off is about 2.5 miles from the University of Florida campus, meaning most apartments on SW 13th Street are only about 1-2 miles from campus. Thanks to this area being less populated, bus rides to campus are a breeze! The main bus route is #13, and because there are only a handful of apartment communities in the area, the bus rarely gets full and only takes about 10-20 minutes to get to the edge of the UF campus. Additionally, another benefit of apartments in South Gainesville is with this area being less populated is there is typically way less traffic on 13th street, making bus rides as quick and efficient as possible.
- Apartments south of Sorority Row, on SW 13th Street, tend to offer comparatively lower rental rates and more spacious living, typically in 3- or 4-bedroom apartment homes. These floor plans are some of the biggest in Gainesville – enjoy having a bigger closet, kitchen, living room, etc. At the same time, enjoy lower rental rates, some even under $600/month – a win-win!