Apartments in West Gainesville | Gainesville Neighborhoods
Apartments in West Gainesville range from some of the largest student housing communities in town to smaller conventional communities leased by-the-apartment. You'll notice that most student apartments in the area are closer to the UF campus, and the farther you drive down 20th Avenue, the apartment communities become more and more geared toward Gainesville's permanent residents. Therefore, apartments in West Gainesville are very desirable to UF and Santa Fe College students, young professionals, and families. Here's a breakdown of the perks of living in an apartment in West Gainesville.
Apartments in West Gainesville closer to UF Campus
- Apartments in West Gainesville closer to the University of Florida campus are located along the section of 20th Avenue just off SW 34th Street. A huge perk of apartment living in West Gainesville close to the UF campus is access to multiple bus routes to campus! This area of town is about a 10-minute drive or 15-30 minute bus ride to the center of the UF campus. With so many student apartment communities located along one road, there's always a bus to catch to campus.
- Student apartments in West Gainesville are well-known for their huge resident events, from big pool parties at resort-style pools to walking taco bars to social media giveaways. A lot of apartment communities in the area also throw big Gator football watch parties on the jumbotrons at their pools, so you can watch the Gators play kicked back in a cabana instead of dealing with gameday traffic.
- You'll find several student-friendly features offered by apartments in West Gainesville closer to the UF campus that you won't find at apartments farther down 20th Avenue. Look in this area as opposed to farther down 20th Avenue if you're searching for an individual lease or in need of roommate matching.
Apartments in West Gainesville down 20th Avenue
- As you explore farther down 20th Avenue away from the UF campus, you'll find apartments are more catered to young professionals and families. This is an awesome area of town for recent UF or Santa Fe College grads, as you're nearby the hustle and bustle with easy access to Gainesville shopping, dining, and nightlife, but you get to enjoy quieter apartment living.
- Apartments in West Gainesville down 20th Avenue offer an array of features and floor plans for any budget. Try scrolling through cheap apartments if you're on a tight budget. On the opposite spectrum, a couple of new apartment communities have popped up in recent years thanks to the development and rising popularity of Newberry! Check out new apartments in the area if you're looking for the latest and greatest amenities and apartment upgrades.
- The area down 20th Avenue in West Gainesville has awesome access to I-75 for those who commute in and out of town for work on a daily basis, or just for shopping lovers who want to head to Butler Plaza or Celebration Pointe to shop till they drop! Apartments in West Gainesville farther down 20th Avenue are also conveniently close to the North Florida Regional Medical Center, so many healthcare professionals choose apartment communities in the area to avoid having to hop on the highway if they're called into work late at night.