These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of SwampRentals.com or any of our advertising partners.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly; practically as soon as we've read the latest update about the virus, a new one is on the way. To help mitigate the impact, Gainesville residents are being asked to take part in "social distancing." According to The New York Times, this should include "...minimizing contact with people. Avoid public transportation whenever possible, limit nonessential travel, work from home and skip social gatherings — and definitely do not go to crowded bars and sporting arenas."
That essentially leaves you to hang out in your apartment. And while you're doing your part for the community, it can be frustrating to be stuck inside. Make the most of your time spent in one of the apartments in Gainesville by doing the following:
- Expand your hobbies. Hey, binge-watching Netflix can be considered a hobby! However, it's also a good time to catch up on reading your YA novels or decoupaging your side tables. Look for activities you enjoy and that enable you to relax. If you're not sure where to start, try exploring online resources - there are so many available for free and covering all kinds of interests, from yoga flows to baking instructions.
- PSA: If you are wanting to catch up on your young adult lit (or anything other kind of reading), I suggest you check out what you can borrow with Libby. It's an app that allows you to instantly borrow ebooks and audiobooks for free from your local Gainesville library!
- Focus on self-improvement. Reinvest this extra time at home into making yourself better, whether that means editing your resume or practicing your French. A big focus for many people while they're at home is improving their physical health. If you wanted to do this, you might challenge yourself by trying out some of the hundreds of free workouts available online, as well as actually putting to use the upgraded kitchen found in several of the best apartments in Gainesville.
- Clean up your apartment. Gainesville apartments often have balconies and patios with awesome views, but the view in your apartment? Probably less than awesome. Take the time you have at home to do a deep clean. Take care of your laundry and dishes, organize your pantry and closet, etc. Work on items that have been lingering on your "to do" list - after all, this is the perfect time to hang up that gallery wall in the living room!
- Be social. While you have to maintain your physical distance, "social distancing" can and should involve being social - now, more than ever, you want to be in touch with your friends and family. Look at creative opportunities to catch up, like a virtual hangout - FaceTime allows up to 32 people for a reason - or a group text with the neighbors in nearby Gainesville apartments. You could even call someone up on the phone; I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
These tips should help you make the most of your time at home, but know that it's okay to still be upset about the situation. There is a whole world out there waiting for you, but I promise, it'll still be there when we can explore it again. We may be in our own homes, but we're all in this together.