Apartments near bus routes in Gainesville are a convenient and easy to use public transportation system. Known as the Gainesville Regional Transit System
, or RTS for short, this bus system has over 40 routes around Gainesville and the University of Florida campus to connect residents and students with points of interest and necessity in the Gainesville community. Learning to ride the RTS bus and utilizing this awesome method of transportation is a great idea, especially if you're a student commuting to the University of Florida. Even better? You'll have your pick of any number of apartments near bus routes in Gainesville for easy transportation from doorstep to bus stop. Get to class, go grocery shopping, a Gator game, or enjoy a night on the town quickly and easily by locating an apartment near an RTS bus stop in Gainesville. Intimidated by learning to ride the bus? Don't be! The RTS website offers easy to read maps and FAQs to get you started, and don't forget to check out our page
breaking down UF campus bus routes and city routes. Still need a few more tips? Read on!
Three Top Tips for Riding the RTS Bus to UF Campus
1. Use the App Called TransLoc Rider
– There's a pretty good chance you've got an iPhone, Android or other device in hand. Being tech savvy will assist you catching a ride to class on time by utilizing the TransLoc
Rider app. Download the app here, and access the real time locations of all buses on any RTS bus route and see announcements that may impact your commute
2. Have Your Gator1 ID Ready
– While you won't typically need to present your ID on campus RTS bus routes (since it's free to ride for students), if you're "off campus", heading to or from your apartment, you'll need to present proof you're a student. Also, don't forget, if you or a friend or family member needs to pay their fare with cash, the driver can only accept exact change.
3. Pair Your Bike AND the Bus for a Perfect Commute
– While riding the bus is great, it may not get you precisely door to door. RTS buses are equipped with bike
racks to assist you in your commute. Simply alert the driver that you're going to rack your bike prior to boarding. Then, once you arrive at your intended bus stop, you can utilize your bike to get to your final destination in a more eco-friendly and efficient way.
With the right apartment near an RTS bus route in Gainesville, you may discover you can live without the cost and maintenance of a vehicle. Not to mention, parking at UF is at a premium and you will likely discover it's much easier to ride the bus and even use your bike along with public transportation. By becoming a commuter on the RTS system, and having access to a lower cost commuting option like a bicycle and or scooter
, you can still get to school, work, shopping, and entertainment quickly and easily.